The heart of Cornish Innovation
Welcome to our new website, Discover Redruth. Formerly Visit Redruth, we’ve developed a brand-new site to celebrate the heart of Cornish Innovation and all things that make Redruth the vibrant and creative place it is becoming.
This website has been developed by the Engagement Team at Redruth Town Council and funded by the High Streets Heritage Action Zones (HSHAZ board). This new site is designed to showcase the very best of Redruth, providing residents and visitors with a place to find out about what’s going on in the area.
I’m really looking forward to the launch of our new website, which will be the kind of bright and vibrant that I think represents our town and community. In this day and age, information needs to be accessible, and the changes that our team have made are a true achievement in promoting what Redruth has to offer to the area, in the county and beyond.
Matthew Brown – Mayor of Redruth
In 2020, Redruth received a share of the £95 million High Streets Heritage Action Zones fund, one of only 10 places in the Southwest to benefit from this national scheme. It follows a bid submitted by Cornwall Council in partnership with the Redruth HSHAZ Project Board. The investment will act as a catalyst for improving the prosperity of the town centre so that it can continue to serve the local community and businesses, adapting to the challenges that all high streets were experiencing, even before Covid-19.
The key focus of the Redruth HSHAZ scheme is:
- Community and business engagement to give local communities and business owners a key role in the scheme
- Key Buildings Grant Scheme
- Public realm and access improvements
- Redruth Unlimited a 3-year programme of events and activities
- A masterplan developed for the long-term vision and regeneration of Redruth town centre
- Branding, marketing and communications plan to positively promote Redruth town centre
- Redevelopment of two key sites in the town centre; The London Inn to create new residential and commercial space and the Buttermarket Cluster to enhance the buildings and create a vibrant space for independent businesses, events, markets and performance
The Discover Redruth website includes sections listing links to community groups and services as well as events and places to visit and discover. It includes the heritage of Redruth as well as looking to the future, a place for the latest news and features, showcasing the vibrant development of the town.