Even in normal times, 1 in 4 people and 1 in 6 children will experience a mental health problem in a year and the Covid-19 pandemic has undoubtedly made that worse.
Promoting and supporting better mental health in our community is something that is very important to us so Redruth Town Council has signed up to the Mental Health Challenge for local authorities run by the Centre for Mental Health.
By taking part in the challenge, we have committed to support positive mental health in our community and to work with partners on projects and activities that help people manage their own mental health. Our Town Mayor, Cllr Matthew Brown has been appointed our Mental Health Champion for the Council.
In order to meet the Mental Health Challenge in our community, we are
- Opening up opportunities to get together and talk to others in the Library
- Organising crafting, reading and other mindful activity sessions
- Working with charities and local groups to help young people
- Training all Council staff in Mental Health First Aid
- Regularly signposting to the mental health support available in our community
Support available in our community
Information and contact details for local organisations who can help with mental health issues, including if you or someone you know is in crisis can be found below.