We (Redruth Town Council) have been able to reschedule some parts of the original festival to Saturday 1st October so that the town doesn’t completely miss out on its celebrations this year.
Starting from 10am, visitors will be able to enter their home-made pasties into the Great Cornish Pasty Off with a special category for chefs aged under 18. There will also be competitions for Best Crafty Pasty, Best Woolly Pasty and Best Pasty Costume. Prizes such as a collectors’ edition t-shirt and Rowe’s vouchers will be awarded to the winners.
The day continues with a calendar filled with live music, food, stalls, pasty trails and competitions, a Miners Tribute walk, workshops and demos.
Our plans for the day are still coming together but here’s what we have in place so far:
- Pasty competitions in Market Hall from 10am to 2pm:
- Great Cornish Pasty Off
- Great Cornish Pasty Off for under 18s
- Best Crafty Pasty
- Best Woolly Pasty
- Best Pasty Costume
- Pasty Trail around town with Rowe’s vouchers as prizes – Trail Hub in Market Hall
- Redruth Town Market in Market Way, Strand and the Buttermarket
- Tough Dough creative workshops in Market Way
- Cornish Language workshop in Murdoch House
- Fun Palaces workshops in the Library and other locations around town
- Live music throughout town
We have also been able to reschedule the Miners’ Tribute Walk from the town centre to Wheal Uny via St Euny Church which will end with the chimneys smoking in memory of the miners both here at home and abroad. The walk will start at around 4pm from the Miner Statue with the smoke starting at approximately 6pm.
Stay up to date, with all the latest event info here by following our Facebook page.